Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Waffle
In another life, I would own a waffle restaurant. I used to be a pancake kinda gal, but lately, I can't get enough waffles. The possibilities are endless...


These are my go to treat, since they are low in sugar (depending on how much syrup you decide to put on them), low in fat, high in protein and high in fiber (and gluten free)! They taste like a GIANT oatmeal cookie!


Crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside!


Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookie Waffle
(serves one)

1/3 cup quick oats (or grind whole for a second)
1/3 cup chickpea or quinoa flour (I love both) (or white wheat flour if you can do gluten)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp fresh nutmeg
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP raisins
3/4 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk (I like the vanilla in this one)

Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the coconut milk. Mix just until combined. Pour into a preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturers directions (mine is a belgian waffle maker...so it is big). Top with more raisins, syrup, coconut...

**Sometimes I will add a little syrup to the mixture and not top it with anything.  It is a tasty treat that way too and you can eat it on the go!

I am entering this into The Gluten Free Homemaker's Wednesday Carnival.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 7:55 AM  
32 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like