Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Doughnut Maker Gluten Free Doughnuts!


Good morning! So the doughnut adventure has begun. I know for most of you this won't really help you out, but I was given this fun kitchen gadget by my mother-in-law from her stash, so I am going to play with it.


Have you ever heard of a doughnut maker? Well this sucker makes baked mini doughnuts (you can find some here, but they don't make this one anymore). We have been joking around about this machine ever since I plugged it in the first time to clean it...we refer to it as the "corn baller". Extra points for anyone who knows that reference...hint...it is a tv show that is sadly no longer on. It is a super hot cast iron piece of equipment. Now, I was given the machine with no booklet so I started to play with gluten free flours. I was given quinoa flour by my good friend, Nayoung (along with other fun flours I can't wait to play with) so I thought I would put it to use today.


I have always been a fan of cake doughnuts. You know, the kind that is not too sweet with a subtle nutmeg flavor. That's the one I wanted.


These are just what I was looking for, but I will definitely continue to play with them...you know in the name of science. All for you guys though..I will take one for the team. 


The boys are heading back to school today after a long break so this is the perfect way to start the day for them.

Doughnut Maker Gluten Free Doughnuts

3/4 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup gluten free All Purpose flour
1/4 cup gluten free oat flour (or ground gluten free oats)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 + 2 TBSP sugar
10 drops vanilla stevia (or 2 TBSP sugar)
1/4 cup egg whites (or 1 egg)
1/2 + 2 TBSP almond milk
2 TBSP unsweetened applesauce

Combine the dry ingredients together, then add the wet and mix well. Cook according to your manufacturers instructions.

Glaze with a mixture of powdered sugar and a little water to make a thick glaze.
Powder sugar cooled doughnuts.

.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 7:59 AM  
26 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like