Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Sweet Potato Chips
Today has been crazy! I woke up thinking I was late, then I realized I was not late and had a couple hours more to sleep. Then, I went back to sleep. The next time I looked at the clock, it told me that the alarm should have gone off already. So, I looked at my phone (I use it as an alarm) and it said I was an hour late. I assumed I set the clock wrong so I jumped out of bed and told the illustrator I was late and had to get the boys up now. It all felt weird, so I came downstairs to turn the coffee pot on and realized the clocks downstairs said it was only 6am. So, I turned on the tv and I was right on time! I came back upstairs and told the illustrator to stay in bed, he had another hour. He was super grateful for that! See, crazy start!

It felt good to be up on time and things were going well, except Max decided not to move quick enough. I feel bad for the boys since they are still trying to get all better. Oh well, everyone got to school on time and we got to our morning walking. The illustrator walked like a crazy man. Normally he is telling me to slow down, but this time I wanted to tell him to, but instead I let him push me a little. The weather is crazy pretty, so it felt good to be able to walk and feel comfortable!

The boys had early pick up today and Max had his parent teacher conference...which went well. So, since we were so crazy running around and everyone was feeling snacky...I made chips for a fun snacky meal!


Tonight was sweet potato chips with chili from the freezer. Really easy dinner and so good!



Microwave Sweet Potato Chips

Sweet Potato, thinly sliced
cooking spray or melted coconut oil
salt

Slice potatoes to your desired thickness (the thicker, the longer they take to cook). Place the potato slices in a bowl, spray lightly with cooking spray or lightly cover with melted coconut oil and salt. Toss to coat. Place the slices out flat on a plate and leave a little space between them. Microwave them 2-3 minutes depending on how thick they are. Then flip and microwave 2-3 more minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn. You will notice they will start to brown and become crisp. Let them cool so they can crisp up completely.


I am submitting this in the Gluten Free Homemaker's Gluten Free Wednesday Carnival.

Labels: , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 7:47 PM  
33 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like