Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Cinnamon Bun Bread (Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Egg Free)
Yesterday was one of those hurry up and wait days. You know where you run around to get things done and it takes forever for things to actually get done. Well, I finally got my to do list done and in the end, that felt good! I am so excited about seeing my sisters and the new baby in our family this week!


Let's go back to Saturday for a few minutes. I needed to bake and I wanted it to be something that would go together quickly. My goal with baking is to make things simple in technique, but taste like it was hard to make.


I made this a while ago when I baked cinnamon bun bread based on one I saw on Baking Bites.


I knew I wanted to recreate this one gluten free. My whole family loves cinnamon, so anything that is swirled with warm cinnamon and then dripping in icing...is definitely a winner here!


You would never know this is gluten free (you can find the gluten filled one here).


I highly suggest a cup of coffee or hot tea with this...


Our plates were licked clean!


Ok, seriously, this is so easy! You put everything together, throw it in a cold oven and 30 minutes later...you are cinnamon bun bread heaven!

Gluten Free Cinnamon Bun Bread

2/3 cup almond milk (heated to 110 degrees)

4 tsp rapid rise yeast
1 cup white rice flour
1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
2 TBSP raw sugar
15 drops vanilla stevia
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup egg whites or 1 large egg or 1TBSP flax meal mixed with 3 TBSP hot water

Topping
2 TBSP Smart Balance Light, room temperature
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Icing
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1-2 TBSP water

Lightly grease an 8×8-inch square baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, sugar and salt. Dissolve the yeast in the warmed almond milk, then stir the milk mixture, apple cider vinegar, applesauce, vanilla stevia extract and egg into the flour mixture. Mix well, until very smooth. Pour into prepared pan and let rest for 15 minutes.

While the dough rests, mix together melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour the mixture evenly on top of rested dough and swirl in with a spatula.

Place pan into a cold oven, then set the oven temperature to 350F.

Bake for about 30 minutes, until bread is lightly browned at the edges and the center of the bread springs back when lightly pressed. Some of the sugar mixture on top may still be bubbling. Cool for at least 30 minutes.

Combing the powdered sugar and water. Pour the icing over the bread and serve warm. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 6:00 AM  
28 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like