Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Polenta Pumpkin Cakes
I swear this is not going to become the all pumpkin blog, but I warned you all before...I love pumpkin and since I have quite the addiction, I go a little crazy this time of year. I will cool it the rest of the year, maybe. I just finished my pumpkin oats this morning too, so in the next couple of weeks, I should have a nice orange glow. Who needs fake tans when you have pumpkin?

Yesterday went by so fast and I don't really know what was accomplished. I hate days like that. I will tell you that I apparently accomplished working out my quadriceps. I am telling you, if you like to do muscle toning workouts at home and don't like a lot of weights, I highly recommend Core Exhale Fusion. I like weights, but I like working out in different ways and this seriously works you out! Yikes!

Now for food...HEAB made what she called corbocha cakes the other day. These were little cornmeal cakes made with roasted kabocha squash. I had just roasted up a pumpkin from our carving extravaganza, so I thought I would give it a try. I like incorporating veggies in our starches since the boys are more likely to eat it and these were fun to eat!


I made my polenta with 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Polenta, 3 cups water and 1/2 tsp salt.  I let it cook for about 5 minutes, until everything came together.


Then I added 1 cup roasted pureed pumpkin.


Next I added 10 drops vanilla stevia (I wanted them to be a touch on the sweet side). I then placed it in the fridge to hang out for an 1 1/2 hours.


After the mixture set up, I scooped it out and baked it on a parchment lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


I served them up with sauteed cinnamon apples and a drizzle of orange honey creme (I had an egg white omelet on the side too). These were so good. Be sure to check out Heather's too, she made them extra special!



Labels: , , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 9:40 AM  
21 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like