Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Pineapple Oatbran and JK Gourmet Granola
I still feel horrible.  The cold part seems to be getting better, but the glands in my neck are killing me.  I am working on treating that today!  Suggestions would be welcome for help on this.  I am going to do some warm compresses today along with a mixture of hot and cold beverages.  Hopefully that will help.  So, for now I am mostly eating warm, soft foods like this pineapple oatbran.  This really hit the spot!  Super creamy, warm and a boost of vitamin C from the pineapple.  The pineapple is from a stash we have in the pantry of things you buy on a whim with no real purpose and realize that it needs to go soon!
Pineapple Oatbran
for 1

1/3 cup oatbran
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup water
2 TBSP vanilla almond milk
5 drops NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia

Mix the oatbran, pineapple and water together in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 2 minutes.  Stir, then microwave for 2 more minutes.  Stir and then top with the vanilla stevia and vanilla almond milk.
I had mine with a little JK Gourmet granola.  Not necessarily easy on the throat, but really good!
I really liked the mixture of nuts and dried fruits in this granola.  The toasted coconut was a perfect compliment to this mixture too.  It added such a dept of flavor!  I had to stop myself from eating it!  I kept adding more and more to my bowl of oats!  When I first saw the mixture, I was wondering where the oats were.  I am kind of a purest in the way of granola, so I thought it was strange for this to be called granola.  I know they are marketing this for people with celiac, but I would, personally, call this a trail mix.  Either way...it is delicious!  I was very pleased with the list of ingredients and the fact that there was no added fat!  The sweetener is honey and it was the perfect amount because you could really taste the ingredients and not the added sugar!  The illustrator has already asked me to make his favorite oatmeal cookies with it!  If you come across some JK Gourmet Granola, definitely give it a try!

Written for Go Dairy Free

Labels: , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 11:14 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like