Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Banana Soft Serve with Maple Peanut Butter Sauce
When my throat is bothering me I always crave frozen grapes.  Well, I don't have any.  I thought about buying frozen berries when I HAD to go to the store for cat food (darn cats...I love you), but I forgot because I am in a brain fog from all the swelling by my ears.  My appetite is not very high right now, which is a bad sign for me.  I eat like a horse...literally.  So, I decided to look in the freezer for some cold options.  The illustrator used to do a lot of banana smoothies in the morning and now that he is on the oatmeal bandwagon, the bananas have just been sitting in the freezer.  I normally use them for baking after I freeze them, but I decided to finally join the ranks of the rest of the food blogging community and make banana soft serve for dinner.  Truth be told, I have kind of avoided it because I am not much for banana flavored food other than banana bread.  Let's just say, desperate times call for desperate measures.  So, into the food processer went 1 cup of frozen bananas, 2 TBSP almond milk and 5 drops of vanilla NuNaturals stevia.  I served it with a maple peanut butter sauce that I made from homemade maple peanut butter and a TBSP of almond milk that I microwaved for 30 seconds.  Seriously, this was amazing!  Since it was banana and not banana flavored, it made all the difference.  The peanut sauce gave me some protein and while maybe not the most complete meal...definitely hit the spot!

Labels: ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 9:33 AM  
11 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like