Friday, February 19, 2010
Not Boring...Take 2
(pumpkin oatmeal with brown sugar and almond milk)
(oatmeal ice cream...so creamy!)
 
Back on the boring conversation.  Another food that I eat a lot of is oatmeal.
(oatgurt banana split with no sugar added strawberry preserves and cashew butter-thanks HEAB!)

I put oatmeal in so many things.  If there was one food that I could not live without...it would be my oats.  I was asked by a friend of mine one time about how many servings of oats I have in a day.  I would say probably 3 on a normal day...don't judge me! 
(black eyed pea burgers...I love bean burgers)

I have oatmeal for breakfast everyday.  It makes me feel good and it starts my day off feeling very nourished and satisfied!
(egg white oats with cinnamon and almond milk)

The combinations for your morning oats are endless.
(sweet potato oats with brown sugar and almond milk)
(blueberry oats with flax meal)
(oatmeal pancakes with apple puree)
(homemade low fat, low sugar ginger granola)

I love seeing what other people do with theirs.  I could never get bored with this stuff!  I eat it for breakfast, I bake with it (pizza dough) and I have it for dessert!
(baked oatmeal with fresh chopped apples, no sugar added strawberry preserves and sunflower seed silk-based on SmoothieGirlEatsToo)

Baked Oatmeal
(serves 1)

1/2c oats
1 TBSP NuNaturals Stevia Baking Blend  or sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c water or milk of your choice
1/2 cup egg sub (or 1 TBSP flax meal mixed with 3 TBSP hot water)
6 drops Vanilla NuNaturals Stevia




Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Combine everything and pour into a oven safe bowl or baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray.  Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.  Serve with whatever topping you like! 

Sunflower Seed Silk
(makes about 1 cup)

1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 TBSP NuNaturals Baking Blend
1 TBSP Coconut Flour
20 drops Vanilla NuNaturals Stevia
1 TBSP flax meal
1-2 TBSP real maple syrup

about 53 calories/TBSP

(favorite oatmeal cookies)

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 11:19 AM  
15 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like