Thursday, February 4, 2010
Easy Pot Roast!
This is a busy week for us. Yesterday and today are half days for the boys at school due to parent teacher conferences. I am sure that will go well today!? So, I decided it would be a crockpot day to keep me from having to deal with prepping anything in the evening. I normally do this kind of stuff on Sundays since those are normally our cleaning/getting ready for the week days. This meal was extremely easy to put together and it makes great leftovers for the rest of the week!
Easy Pot Roast
2-2 1/2 lb. beef boneless shoulder roast
1 large onion cut into large chunks
5 garlic cloves peeled and left whole
6 carrots peel and cut in half
1/2 cup ketchup
1 TBSP Worcetershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is gluten free)
1/4 cup water
Kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper

Salt and pepper the meat and then sear it in a nonstick pan coated with cooking spray. Place the onions and garlic in the bottom of a large crockpot. Place the seared meat on top of the onions. Mix the ketchup, Worcetershire sauce and water together and pour over the meat. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. About 2-3 hours before the meat is done, put the carrots in the pot. When the meat is done, it will shred. Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 9:24 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At February 4, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Anonymous homecookedem said…

    This looks great and my husband would love it!!

     
  • At February 4, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Blogger Averie @ Averie Cooks said…

    Hi Sarena!
    Thanks for your comment and I am in love with Alisa F's Go Dairy Free book...and last night I was reading it and there was your name! And I was like, whoa, I have to email her in the a.m. and here you were in my comments today. Serendipity!

    I love Alisa and her book is such an awesome resource!

    Your food looks right up my hub's alley! for sure!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like