Thursday, November 12, 2009
Pumpkin Oatmeal Again
I would say that I am a reformed pumpkin oatmeal addict, but really I have just cut it back to pumpkin season or whenever I can sneak it in! I used to eat this every day! It became a color issue. My color was becoming more and more orange. I did not mind, but when you happen to get sick with a cold or something that you may need to the doctor for...the doctors start to question the "jaundice" look. So, I have cut back, but not given it up! Since I roasted the sugar pumpkin and froze it is batches, I have been taking out containers to have in our oatmeal. I went back to the usual unsweetened applesauce and the illustrator said that he was missing the pumpkin. So, we are back to the pumpkin! I love this simple combination and it just makes me feel so good to to enjoy it on these cooler mornings!

Pumpkin Oatmeal

1/2 cup quick cooking oats or gluten free oats
1/4 cup freshly roasted pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
2 TBSP almond milk
brown sugar

Combine the oats through the pumpkin pie spice in a large mug or bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and add a little more water if needed to make a little creamier. Microwave for another minute, but watch it to make sure it does not boil over. Stir, add brown sugar and then pour the 2 TBSP almond milk on top.

Note: Don't stir in the sugar and milk. This is a little secret of mine when I eat my oatmeal. When you don't stir, you get a little bit of brown sugar and milk in every bite. So good!

I have posted on this before here, but I have changed it due to my dietary restrictions now.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 9:40 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like