Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Cashew Ginger Cinnamon Fruit Dip
With the growing awareness of some form of gluten, dairy or soy in everything, I have started to make just about everything from scratch around here. Let's play the word game again. How luscious does cashew ginger cinnamon fruit dip sound? To me, pretty much heavenly! This dip is low fat, high protein and super creamy. Now, what if I called it a dessert hummus? That is where I lose you, right? Well, don't go too fast! This stuff is really good! I first started thinking about it when I saw this post on HEAB. Since I was so intrigued by the idea, I looked into getting some samples, but really the cost of this stuff is just way to high for my budget. I cook chickpeas all the time in my crockpot, so I thought I would just play around with it in my own kitchen. I started to look around in the pantry to see what I had to play with. I saw that we had some candied ginger, so I thought a nice dip to go with my daily apples would be a ginger cinnamon flavor. I wanted to add a little creaminess so I added some soaked raw cashews too. This dip is so rich and creamy that you could even use it as a frosting on cupcakes! I hope you give it a try...don't be scared!
Cashew Ginger Cinnamon Fruit Dip

2 oz raw cashew pieces (about 1/2 cup)
2 cups cooked drained chickpeas
20 grams crystalized candied ginger (I used Trader Joe's)
2 TBSP agave necter
1/2 cup powder sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Soak the cashew pieces in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water off and then process all of the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate for a few hours to chill and allow the flavors to come together.

Labels: ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 1:53 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like