Friday, September 4, 2009
Microwave Potato Chips!
You know sometimes, when I come across something this simple and this delicious...I could kick myself for not coming up with it myself. The illustrator definitely was afraid of another chip adventure on my part after the kale incident, but he was pleasantly surprised by these! I have seen them in so many different places and they have consistently been given rave reviews. So, the other night when we were having baked potatoes with dinner, I decided to make these for the kids because the oldest one does not like baked potatoes...can you believe that? Anyway, so I made these and they were a huge hit! They are actually a healthy potato chip! I will be making these again soon and I can't wait to play around with different flavors! I also like to cut them a bit thicker...I think they would be so good with hummus!

Microwave Potato Chips

Russet Potato, thinly sliced
cooking spray
salt & pepper

Slice potatoes to your desired thickness (the thicker, the longer they take to cook). Place the potato slices in a bowl, spray lightly with cooking spray, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place the slices out flat on a plate and leave a little space between them. Microwave them 2-3 minutes depending on how thick they are. Then flip and microwave 2-3 more minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn. You will notice they will start to brown and become crisp. Let them cool so they can crisp up completely.
This is a little experiment I tried with a pound cake...I have to work on it, but it will get there. The flavor was there, but the texture needed a bit more crumb to it! So, back in the kitchen for this one!

Labels:

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 1:50 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like