Saturday, August 15, 2009
Kale Chips
These little babies caused a lot of controversy in the house! The controversy was over who liked them and who didn't! I have seen them around the blog/recipe circuit and decided to give them a try with the kale that was left over from the fruit bouquet (I don't waste food). I gave them a good washing and drying, cut out the thick stem, sprayed them with a little cooking spray and sprinkled them with a little salt and pepper. Then I placed them in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. I loved them! They are very interesting in texture. Not really a dipping chip for a thick dip like hummus, but you could absolutely use ketchup. They would be great on a salad too, if you like the crispness of croutons on your salad! The illustrator, was not a fan...to say the least, but I absolutely loved them!
(this picture is not so great for the kale...I hate using flash, but it was so over cast!)

This was a delicious lunch of my huge plate of kale chips (yes, I ate the whole plate in one sitting) and some grilled zucchini with sliced farmer's market tomatoes.

Labels:

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 3:53 PM  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like