Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Fettucine Primavera
Today has been long and kind of crazy. The illustrator is working on a hard deadline, so we got up at 6am (after going to bed around midnight and not sleeping well at all) to start the day. I would normally have gotten up and worked out while he started working, but he made my coffee as I was coming down the stairs. It was so sweet. I could not resist sitting with him while he started working. I am working on a lot of things for myself lately, so I just started organizing myself for the day.

I have been force feeding him the past few days. When he is on work mode, he does not even stop to eat. I tend to do a little heavier lunch for him on these days too, with lighter snacks through out the day. This was a Fettuccine Primavera that I threw together for him from leftovers. I cooked lemon rosemary chicken for the gentlemen here last night along with some vegetables that easily transformed into a nice summer lunch. I go heavy on the vegetables for myself and he likes it a little heavier on the meat. I don't do the meat thing (and I am not eating soy right now(insert crying her)...more on that another time) so I had a huge salad that I will share tomorrow. Here is what I did for the illustrator...
Fettuccine Primavera

1 cup cooked fettuccine
1 cup cooked mixed vegetables (whatever you like-I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrot)
1 cup cooked chicken (or tofu would be sooooo good)
2 TBSP dairy free cream cheese
1/4 cup dairy free parmesan cheese
splash of dairy free unsweetened milk
salt and pepper to taste

Heat up the chicken and vegetables in a sautee pan. Add pasta, cream cheese alternative, parmesan cheese alternative, dairy free milk, salt and pepper. Heat everything until pasta is coated with cheeses and serve hot!

Labels: , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 8:06 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At July 16, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Anonymous Alisa said…

    That looks like a truly comforting dish! I hope you are enjoying these meals soon :)

     
  • At July 16, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Blogger laura said…

    This looks awesome and easy! I understand about the force feeding. I always worry when I'm not home that Chris isn't eating well. I'm sure there are days where he's just had bowl after bowl of dry cereal. Hope you are back to eating soy soon - I can't imagine life without tofu!

     
  • At July 16, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Anonymous Hannah said…

    Yum, I love simple, comforting dishes like this. I make variations on something similar very often in the colder months. :)

     
  • At July 18, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Blogger miss v said…

    i'm always looking for new pasta sauce recipes to try... thanks!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like