Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Urolled Cabbage Roll
Often, I find myself throwing things together for meals. We all seem to eat at random times due to having such different schedules during the day. My oldest son actually eats lunch at 10:40am! This is one of those easy, go to, meals that I make for myself rather often. It is another one of those do what you like meals. The components can be changed, as well as the seasonings! It is so simple and in no time you have a hot meal in your belly!

Unrolled Cabbage Roll

1/2 cup soy crumbles
1/2 cup petite diced canned tomatoes
3 cups cabbage slaw mix
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder

Heat up the soy crumbles in a skillet. Add a little water to the pan to keep it from sticking. Once the crumbles are heated through, add the tomatoes and slaw mix. It seems like a lot of volume, but it does cook down. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste. Cook mixture to your liking.

I am a pig with this, so I eat the whole thing!

125 calories

Labels:

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 4:24 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At January 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmm, that sounds fab!

     
  • At January 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Blogger kickpleat said…

    i once made something very similar adding in raisins, lemon juice, and cinnamon and it turned out really good! but then again, i pretty much love anything cabbage.

     
  • At February 2, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, this looks so good. Now I know what to do with that 3lb bag of shredded cabbage I bought at Sam's tonight because it was so darn cheap!
    Thanks for the great idea.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like