Saturday, September 27, 2008
Cinnamon Bun Bread
I have mentioned before that my family loves cinnamon rolls. I have also mentioned that when they get that "need" for some cinnamon gooey goodness, it normally means they want instant satisfaction. So, when I saw this recipe a couple of weeks ago on Baking Bites, I knew that I had to try it immediately. This recipe is so simple and quick, we can have "cinnamon rolls" whenever we want them! The only things I changed were the milk (I used light soy), the butter (I used Smart Balance Light) and I used my cream cheese icing to clone the Cinnabon flavors. My family loved these and now I can meet the demands quickly!

Quick and Easy Cinnamon Bun Bread
(adapted from Baking Bites)


1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp rapid rise yeast
2/3 cup light soy milk (100-110F)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg

Topping
3 TBSP Smart Balance Light, room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Icing
2 ounces Toffuti cream cheese
2 TBSP Smart Balance Light
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar

Lightly grease an 8×8-inch square baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Dissolve the yeast the warmed soy milk, then stir milk mixture, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and egg into the flour mixture. Mix well, until very smooth. Pour into prepared pan and let rest for 15 minutes.

While the dough rests, mix together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl using a fork until all the butter has been incorporated into the sugar and mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly on top of rested dough and swirl in with a spatula.

Place pan into a cold oven, then set the oven temperature to 350F.

Bake for about 30 minutes, until bread is lightly browned at the edges and the center of the bread springs back when lightly pressed. Some of the sugar mixture on top may still be bubbling. Cool for at least 30 minutes.

Combing the Tofutti, Smart Balance Light and powdered sugar. Spread the icing over the bread and serve warm. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.

This was less than two minutes later...if that tells you anything!

Labels: ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 2:37 PM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like