Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Oops!
I love it when accidents turn into good things! The illustrator was putting some beer away from the party on Saturday and they fell...oops. They did not bust open, but the seal was broken and they needed to be used! I can't say that is all bad because we love beer bread. Luckily it was the honey brown beer, which is even better in my book! So I set out to make beer bread. Well, the recipe that I usually use includes self rising flour. Come to find out...I did not have any. So, I made the bread using all purpose flour with baking powder and salt. Another obstacle overcome! It was such a pretty little loaf of bread. We sat down to eat dinner and I realized I left out the sugar. Oops! come to find out. I like it that way, too! So, out of a lot of mistakes and problems, comes a mighty fine loaf of bread!

Honey Brown Beer Bread
2 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
1/2 cup White Whole Wheat flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
12 oz Honey Brown beer
1 TBSP melted light Smart Balance

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat bread pan with cooking spray.

In electric mixer, combine flours, baking powder and salt. Add the beer and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes and brush with melted margarine. Continue baking another 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.

Note: the recipe actually calls for a little sugar. Normally I would use around 1 to 3 tablespoons, depending on how sweet I want it.

Labels:

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 9:29 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like