Thursday, August 30, 2007
Nursing Her To Health...
Well, my little mac mini is sick. She has to go to the shop tomorrow. Her doctors appointment is in the morning and hopefully all will be well afterwards...I am flying solo tonight, so I decided to make an easy hot meal that I could throw together in a couple of minutes and be done. This recipe is so easy because it seriously comes together in a couple of minutes and it uses up leftovers. That is a double bonus in my book because I hate to waste food! I had some egg whites (which I prefer) and a Tex Mex Stuffed Pepper left in the fridge. I threw in a little Lactaid cottage cheese for some calcium and in the oven it went! Forty-five minutes later dinner was done and I had hardly any clean up. Sometimes, the simplest things are really the best! So, here is to the little girl and her coming home with me tomorrow!



Crustless Quiche
3/4 cup egg substitute/egg white or 3 eggs
3 TBSP Lactaid cottage cheese
1 cup cooked vegetables of your choice
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir everything together. Pour into a small greased baking/casserole dish. Bake 40 to 45 minutes.

*The nice thing about this is that you can bake it in any size dish and use it any way you want to. You could bake it in an 8x8 glass dish, slice it and put it on crusty French bread to make a panini. So, you will have to choose how long to bake it depending on the dish you decide to use.

I love the colors and textures of this!

Labels: , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 6:55 PM  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like