Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Evil Cookies!
So, this is a recipe that I have been making for years. I have not had them for quite some time due to the fact that I did not know that I could bake with Earth Balance in the tubs. Although, now I am not so sure I want to have that kind of information. Don't get me wrong...these cookies are good! They are so good that our friend, Jim, has renamed them from peanut butter oatmeal cookies to "Crack Cookies". They are so good that when I made them a couple of weeks ago for an after lunch treat, the plate was almost eaten! The recipe is from Allrecipes.com and you should make them, but you have been warned!

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
(adapted from Allrecipes)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Earth Balance
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup quick cooking oats

In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add egg and beat well.


In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir. Add oatmeal and stir.


Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheet, and press each mound down with a fork to form 1/4 inch thick cookies. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until cookies are a light brown.


To Make Filling: Cream 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, and the cream. Spread filling onto half of the cooled cookies, then top with the other half to form sandwiches.

Labels: , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 4:22 PM  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like