Friday, July 20, 2007
True Love!

So I teased you with the mention of my favorite breakfast...PUMPKIN OATMEAL! I can't express how much I miss and love thee! I used to eat this for breakfast every morning. I know, I know the question is always why, but honestly the answer is that when you've found something so good...why change it? So, I had to give it up for a while due to the amount of beta carotene that is in that good stuff. I did not eat much, but it turns out that 1/4 cup everyday for a couple of years...makes you look a little jaundice. Then when you do get sick, the first thing the doctor says is that your coloring looks a little bad. So, after being sick last Christmas, I decided to take a little break. And what do ya know...I am no longer jaundice. It is really not that bad, but the bottoms of your feet and the palms of your hands do get a little yellow. Anyway, I love it and it is a nice treat now. The truth of it is, I probably appreciate it more now than before. I really savored those bites the past couple of mornings!! So, here is my all time favorite food!!!

Pumpkin Oatmeal
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup water (Lactaid, Soy Milk, Rice Milk, Almond Milk)
(if you like even creamier oatmeal use milk - that is what I do when I eat this for a treat!)
a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice
1 TBSP vanilla sugar free creamer
brown sugar (optional) - I use this when I make it for a treat

Combine the oats through the pumpkin pie spice in a large mug or bowl (I prefer a mug because I love to hold it in my hand while I eat it). Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and then pour the creamer on top. I do not stir the creamer in. It is a personal preference. I hope you enjoy!

By the way, I use unsweetened applesauce now and that works very well! (with out the change in skin color)

Labels: , , ,

posted by Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen @ 7:38 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Name:
Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen
Home: Atlanta, GA, United States
About Me: Lactose Challenged
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogs I Like